The following is a brief update on what has happened with the construction activities at the various sites in the Pinecrest Day Use Area the last few months.
- Picnic table placement has begun.
- The original benches along the shoreline had new wood slats installed. This wood was reconditioned from the old amphitheater seats.
- Fans are being installed in the bathrooms which are planned for winter operation. This will allow for better movement of air from the interior chase into the rooms open to the public and prevent the freezing problem that was encountered last December.
- The outer wall for the stage was constructed and the outside rock facing installed.
- Grading activity continued to achieve subgrade.
- Installation of electrical conduit and placement of the light/speaker poles is in process.
- The screen structure was placed.
- HIGHLIGHTS OF NEXT WEEK’s ACTIVITIES
- Construction in the Amphitheater will continue.
- Work will continue to place picnic tables.
- Work will begin to Remove the lower fishing platform and beach obstacles (stumps and boulders).
Please note that the upcoming construction activities are approximate and continuously change as weather and unforeseen conflicts are encountered. These conflicts may cause delays and change the schedule. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call.
Thank you, Tim Hughes, PE – Facility Engineer, Stanislaus National Forest
(209) 532-3671 ext. 280